Fuzzy tagged me to post six weird things about me and, of course, I was compelled to do so. So here it goes.
1. When given a fortune cookie I will break it open, eat half immediately, then read the fortune. If I like the fortune I will eat the other half. If not, I leave the other half uneaten (or give it to my son, Simon).
2. I often break into song at the mere mention of something. While some people think musicals are weird because people suddenly start singing for no apparent reason, I find that perfectly normal. Oh, and I'm not that great of a singer.
3. I randomly make up my own idiosyncratic sign language. This is a passtime I share with my kids. For example, we have signs for "big and crunchy," "comparing noses," and "plotting deliciousness."
4. If the toilet paper is not oriented with the sheet hanging down in the front I will take off the roll and reorient it, even if this is in a public restroom.
5. I watch so little TV that last year after the election I realized that the only election ads I saw were those I sought out on YouTube.
6. My ex-wife, Charlotte, and I are still really good friends. In fact, when I couldn't think up a sixth weird thing, I called her to suggest one.
Oh, and by the way, tag! You're it! Now you have to post six weird things about you on your blog. Or, if you don't have a blog, put 'em down here in the comments.